After a chat today with a friend who also rides recumbent trikes I have settled on the following requirements for a dedicated recumbent trike light system.
- Individual wide beam and pencil beam lights, two of each.
- Ability to switch the wide beam and pencil beam off and on separately.
- Ability to adjust brightness of all lights.
- All controls with with in reach with out removing hand off the handlebars.
- At least 900 at the LED lumen with Cree’s XR-E being the most likely contender.
- Ability to remove battery pack from the bike for charging with an inbuilt self contained charger.
Also discussed was the usefulness of having the two pencil beam led’s being attached to the handle bar’s in such a way that turning to go around the corner also turns the LED’s so that they point in your new direction in much the same way as it does on a traditional bike.
I will draw something up in the coming days to give a better idea of what i’m on about.