- 3d design
- 3d printing
- 3d warehouse
- arduino mega
- bike light
- bike lights
- cycle analyst
- electric bike
- granular extruder
- heated bed
- heated print bed
- hot melt adhesive
- led driver
- ledil optics
- LED light
- Led lighting.
- LED lights
- lithium batteries
- pencil beam
- pen plotter
- power led
- power led driver
- recumbent bike
- recumbent light
- recumbent lights
- recumbent trike
- stepper motor
- trike light
- Trike Lights
- wide beam
- work light
- Stepper motors or a BLDC servo motors? Which is better and when to use them.
- Modifying Marlin Firmware to work with a TandemB
- Construction of a TandemB Prototype
- Working in Tandem – Unconventional XY-axis layouts for 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC milling, engraving or pick and place.
- Bootstrapping a pen plotter to make a 3d printer
- The ideal shape for a multirotor ‘ducted-fan’ that can dramatically improve thrust and flight time.
- Breaking through the 2 hour barrier – Maximising efficiency to achieve the longest flight time of an electric multirotor (quadcopter)
- One step conversion of an image to gcode for Makerbot Unicorn and Reprap style 3D Printers
- DIY Dual H-Bridge to control a Pen Plotter
- Old-school Scientific Pen Plotter Teardown
- Playing around with a heated chamber design.
- MIT: 3-D printing with variable densities
- Mike Biddle: We can recycle plastic
- Printable PCB motor?
- Cryogenic Granular Grinding
- Drawing gears in Sketchup.
- 2011 – The year of the 3D printer?
- IceRap – Water deposition for ice printing?
- Constructing the ‘gunstrap’
- Rethinking the Mantis Repstrap.
- How to use cad.py.
- Using cad.py on a Windows PC
- CNC milling with RAMPS.
- Making endstops from printer photo interrupters.
- Printer Parts + Time = Repstrap.
Monthly Archives: June 2010
In case you haven’t come across Khan Academy already I highly recommend you take a look. Its a fantastic resource for all things worth knowing in an easy to digest medium, youtube. I only just came across this today and cant wait to brush up my … Continue reading
Below is a fantastic short video that helps explain what motivates people to spend countless hours working on an unpaid open source project, such as developing a Reprap So it seems there are three key points that drive people to … Continue reading
Today in the little spare time I had I managed to make some progress on the granular HDPE extruder. Here are some photos. This an old, cheap, drill press that i’m using to hold the auger and rotate it. I’m … Continue reading
Now that I have a small supply of food grade HDPE granules, my next task is to find a way of extruding it. I should point out that I’m not concerned with building an extruder that’s compact enough to go directly … Continue reading
A very good friend of mine helps look after the blow moulding section of a dairy milk processing plant. After I told him about my reprap project he offered to get me some samples of the granular HDPE that they use to … Continue reading
By using the supplied STL files, a few hours of my time and the mechanical construction instructions I was able to make a fairly accurate representation of the Mendel in sketchup. You can also see a rather nifty interactive 3D view at this link. … Continue reading
In a nut shell: An importer and exporter plugin for STL files in sketchup, along with a program to make your objects ‘mainfold’ can be found in one file here or here (mirror). Read the ‘how to’ text file in … Continue reading