December 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 3d design
- 3d printing
- 3d warehouse
- arduino mega
- bike light
- bike lights
- cycle analyst
- electric bike
- granular extruder
- heated bed
- heated print bed
- hot melt adhesive
- led driver
- ledil optics
- LED light
- Led lighting.
- LED lights
- lithium batteries
- pencil beam
- pen plotter
- power led
- power led driver
- recumbent bike
- recumbent light
- recumbent lights
- recumbent trike
- stepper motor
- trike light
- Trike Lights
- wide beam
- work light
- Stepper motors or a BLDC servo motors? Which is better and when to use them.
- Modifying Marlin Firmware to work with a TandemB
- Construction of a TandemB Prototype
- Working in Tandem – Unconventional XY-axis layouts for 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC milling, engraving or pick and place.
- Bootstrapping a pen plotter to make a 3d printer
- The ideal shape for a multirotor ‘ducted-fan’ that can dramatically improve thrust and flight time.
- Breaking through the 2 hour barrier – Maximising efficiency to achieve the longest flight time of an electric multirotor (quadcopter)
- One step conversion of an image to gcode for Makerbot Unicorn and Reprap style 3D Printers
- DIY Dual H-Bridge to control a Pen Plotter
- Old-school Scientific Pen Plotter Teardown
- Playing around with a heated chamber design.
- MIT: 3-D printing with variable densities
- Mike Biddle: We can recycle plastic
- Printable PCB motor?
- Cryogenic Granular Grinding
- Drawing gears in Sketchup.
- 2011 – The year of the 3D printer?
- IceRap – Water deposition for ice printing?
- Constructing the ‘gunstrap’
- Rethinking the Mantis Repstrap.
- How to use cad.py.
- Using cad.py on a Windows PC
- CNC milling with RAMPS.
- Making endstops from printer photo interrupters.
- Printer Parts + Time = Repstrap.
Category Archives: A Reprap Project
A very good friend of mine helps look after the blow moulding section of a dairy milk processing plant. After I told him about my reprap project he offered to get me some samples of the granular HDPE that they use to … Continue reading
By using the supplied STL files, a few hours of my time and the mechanical construction instructions I was able to make a fairly accurate representation of the Mendel in sketchup. You can also see a rather nifty interactive 3D view at this link. … Continue reading
In a nut shell: An importer and exporter plugin for STL files in sketchup, along with a program to make your objects ‘mainfold’ can be found in one file here or here (mirror). Read the ‘how to’ text file in … Continue reading
One of my eventual goals is to set up some sort of conveyor system for the Mendel i’m building to allow continuous unattended printing. Wanting to learn more I took a look at the reprap.org wiki page but was surprised to see there is … Continue reading
Reading back over my original post on adhesive principles I think I have may made it overly complicated. So consider this the key points from the first post. Having a good understanding of the principles behind how hot extruded plastic … Continue reading
Its all well and good to have a working reprap, but with out the skills to design new parts I would be limited to what ever already exists on thingiverse.com and other such sites. Since my own Mendel wont be … Continue reading