June 2017 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- 3d design 3d printing 3d warehouse ABS adhesive arduino arduino mega auger bike light bike lights charging cnc Cree cycle analyst cycling darwin diy ebike electric bike electronics eTrike extruder granular extruder Greenspeed HDPE heated bed heated print bed hot melt adhesive LCD LED led driver ledil ledil optics LED light Led lighting. LED lights lithium lithium batteries lumen makerbot mantis mendel NiMh nurdle optics pencil beam pen plotter PLA plastic plastics pololu polymer power led power led driver RAMPS recumbent recumbent bike recumbent light recumbent lights recumbents recumbent trike reprap repstrap sketchup stl TandemB trike light Trike Lights wades extruder warping wide beam work light XP-G XPG XR-E
- Modifying Marlin Firmware to work with a TandemB
- Construction of a TandemB Prototype
- Working in Tandem – Unconventional XY-axis layouts for 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC milling, engraving or pick and place.
- Bootstrapping a pen plotter to make a 3d printer
- The ideal shape for a multirotor ‘ducted-fan’ that can dramatically improve thrust and flight time.
- Breaking through the 2 hour barrier – Maximising efficiency to achieve the longest flight time of an electric multirotor (quadcopter)
- One step conversion of an image to gcode for Makerbot Unicorn and Reprap style 3D Printers
- DIY Dual H-Bridge to control a Pen Plotter
- Old-school Scientific Pen Plotter Teardown
- Playing around with a heated chamber design.
- MIT: 3-D printing with variable densities
- Mike Biddle: We can recycle plastic
- Printable PCB motor?
- Cryogenic Granular Grinding
- Drawing gears in Sketchup.
- 2011 – The year of the 3D printer?
- IceRap – Water deposition for ice printing?
- Constructing the ‘gunstrap’
- Rethinking the Mantis Repstrap.
- How to use cad.py.
- Using cad.py on a Windows PC
- CNC milling with RAMPS.
- Making endstops from printer photo interrupters.
- Printer Parts + Time = Repstrap.
- Workshop LED light – DIY Walk-through
Tag Archives: mantis
I have started to build the new larger Mantis CNC inspired repstrap. The plywood i’m using for its construction is, oddly enough, from 8mm rifle ammunition boxes previously used by the Australian navy. Its 16mm thick, easy to work with and … Continue reading
The Mantis CNC is a well thought out and very easy to construct PCB mill. Unfortunately, as it was originally designed as a PCB milling tool its build area is very restricted both horizontally and vertically. Because of this, and a few … Continue reading
To quote from makeyourbot.org cad.py is a CAM program that can be used to generate g-code tool paths for milling 2D and 3D objects. It operates on images instead of vector formats like Gerber, DXF, or SVG, so you’ll have … Continue reading
My Mantis inspired repstrap/CNC mill is finally up and running. All the mechanical parts were scavenged used for the repstrap were from old printers. The total cost ended up being around $140AUD. This was all spent on the electronics and includes … Continue reading