August 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 3d design 3d printing 3d warehouse ABS adhesive arduino arduino mega auger bike light bike lights charging cnc Cree cycle analyst cycling darwin diy ebike electric bike electronics eTrike extruder granular extruder Greenspeed HDPE heated bed heated print bed hot melt adhesive LCD LED led driver ledil ledil optics LED light Led lighting. LED lights lithium lithium batteries lumen makerbot mantis mendel NiMh nurdle optics pencil beam pen plotter PLA plastic plastics pololu polymer power led power led driver RAMPS recumbent recumbent bike recumbent light recumbent lights recumbents recumbent trike reprap repstrap sketchup stepper motor stl TandemB trike light Trike Lights warping wide beam work light XP-G XPG XR-E
- Stepper motors or a BLDC servo motors? Which is better and when to use them.
- Modifying Marlin Firmware to work with a TandemB
- Construction of a TandemB Prototype
- Working in Tandem – Unconventional XY-axis layouts for 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC milling, engraving or pick and place.
- Bootstrapping a pen plotter to make a 3d printer
- The ideal shape for a multirotor ‘ducted-fan’ that can dramatically improve thrust and flight time.
- Breaking through the 2 hour barrier – Maximising efficiency to achieve the longest flight time of an electric multirotor (quadcopter)
- One step conversion of an image to gcode for Makerbot Unicorn and Reprap style 3D Printers
- DIY Dual H-Bridge to control a Pen Plotter
- Old-school Scientific Pen Plotter Teardown
- Playing around with a heated chamber design.
- MIT: 3-D printing with variable densities
- Mike Biddle: We can recycle plastic
- Printable PCB motor?
- Cryogenic Granular Grinding
- Drawing gears in Sketchup.
- 2011 – The year of the 3D printer?
- IceRap – Water deposition for ice printing?
- Constructing the ‘gunstrap’
- Rethinking the Mantis Repstrap.
- How to use cad.py.
- Using cad.py on a Windows PC
- CNC milling with RAMPS.
- Making endstops from printer photo interrupters.
- Printer Parts + Time = Repstrap.
Category Archives: Mendel Build
Which is better, a stepper motor or a brushless DC (BLDC) servo motor like these from Teknic (Clearpath)? The short answer: It depends on your application. If you only need open-loop position control (no shaft position feedback), are on a … Continue reading
Back in 2010 I developed an intense interested in understanding and eventually building a 3D printer. This interest took me down the path of reading all the material available at the time and purchasing a RAMPS (V1.2) which I used to control … Continue reading
By variable densities this video is referring to the density of the infill, not the density of the material extruded. At least that was my take on it. Hasn’t the DIY 3D printing scene been doing this for quite some time now with the use … Continue reading
Just how popular is the desktop 3D printer now as opposed to a year ago? How popular will it be this time next year? There are a few tools available that may help provide quantitative answers to these questions. One such tool is Google … Continue reading
To quote from makeyourbot.org cad.py is a CAM program that can be used to generate g-code tool paths for milling 2D and 3D objects. It operates on images instead of vector formats like Gerber, DXF, or SVG, so you’ll have … Continue reading
My Mantis inspired repstrap/CNC mill is finally up and running. All the mechanical parts were scavenged used for the repstrap were from old printers. The total cost ended up being around $140AUD. This was all spent on the electronics and includes … Continue reading
If you have pulled apart a printer, fax or scanner then there is a high likelihood that you have found a few photo interrupters. Some of these may be pre-packaged in a plastic housing with three wires attached which you can modify to use … Continue reading