March 2017 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 3d design 3d printing 3d warehouse ABS adhesive arduino arduino mega auger bike light bike lights charging cnc Cree cycle analyst cycling darwin diy ebike electric bike electronics eTrike extruder granular extruder Greenspeed HDPE heated bed heated print bed hot melt adhesive LCD LED led driver ledil ledil optics LED light Led lighting. LED lights lithium lithium batteries lumen makerbot mantis mendel NiMh nurdle optics pencil beam pen plotter PLA plastic plastics pololu polymer power led power led driver RAMPS recumbent recumbent bike recumbent light recumbent lights recumbents recumbent trike reprap repstrap sketchup stl TandemB trike light Trike Lights wades extruder warping wide beam work light XP-G XPG XR-E
- Modifying Marlin Firmware to work with a TandemB
- Construction of a TandemB Prototype
- Working in Tandem – Unconventional XY-axis layouts for 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC milling, engraving or pick and place.
- Bootstrapping a pen plotter to make a 3d printer
- The ideal shape for a multirotor ‘ducted-fan’ that can dramatically improve thrust and flight time.
- Breaking through the 2 hour barrier – Maximising efficiency to achieve the longest flight time of an electric multirotor (quadcopter)
- One step conversion of an image to gcode for Makerbot Unicorn and Reprap style 3D Printers
- DIY Dual H-Bridge to control a Pen Plotter
- Old-school Scientific Pen Plotter Teardown
- Playing around with a heated chamber design.
- MIT: 3-D printing with variable densities
- Mike Biddle: We can recycle plastic
- Printable PCB motor?
- Cryogenic Granular Grinding
- Drawing gears in Sketchup.
- 2011 – The year of the 3D printer?
- IceRap – Water deposition for ice printing?
- Constructing the ‘gunstrap’
- Rethinking the Mantis Repstrap.
- How to use cad.py.
- Using cad.py on a Windows PC
- CNC milling with RAMPS.
- Making endstops from printer photo interrupters.
- Printer Parts + Time = Repstrap.
- Workshop LED light – DIY Walk-through
Tag Archives: mendel
For quite some time I have lusted after a 3D printer with the following specifications: A 20x20x15cm build area A heating print bed A heated build chamber (ambient to 100C) to possibly eliminate warping. A respectable print resolution and speed … Continue reading
Update: March 2015 For a copy of the plugin please see this link as the original owner appears to have moved the site. This version has been updated to work with the newer versions of sketchup. If you have trouble with this … Continue reading
Just how popular is the desktop 3D printer now as opposed to a year ago? How popular will it be this time next year? There are a few tools available that may help provide quantitative answers to these questions. One such tool is Google … Continue reading
More of the same ‘out loud’ thinking on the issue of warping in this post to follow on from the last post on warping fundamentals. In particular, thinking about how the speed of a print, the size of an object and … Continue reading
The current T5 timing belt thats used on the Mendel has a few shortcomings. Its expensive, can’t be printed, needs to be split with a dangerous belt spiting jig and its hard to obtained locally. So what are the alternatives? Here is a … Continue reading
I recently received some parts for deal extreme that will be used for reprap related projects. From left to right: 1.5″ LCD Double Precision Portable Digital Electronic Weighting Hook Scale – Silver (45kg Max) Polyimide Heat Resistant/High Temperature Adhesive Tape (24MM*33M/260-C) FUJIK Silicone … Continue reading
From it’s heated print bed to it’s heated extruder, a reprap is hot property. So having a sound understanding of what heat is and how this heat is transferred to other materials may help you in building better reprap related paraphernalia. So consider … Continue reading