October 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 3d design 3d printing 3d warehouse ABS adhesive arduino arduino mega auger bike light bike lights charging cnc Cree cycle analyst cycling darwin diy ebike electric bike electronics eTrike extruder granular extruder Greenspeed HDPE heated bed heated print bed hot melt adhesive LCD LED led driver ledil ledil optics LED light Led lighting. LED lights lithium lithium batteries lumen makerbot mantis mendel NiMh nurdle optics pencil beam pen plotter PLA plastic plastics pololu polymer power led power led driver RAMPS recumbent recumbent bike recumbent light recumbent lights recumbents recumbent trike reprap repstrap sketchup stepper motor stl TandemB trike light Trike Lights warping wide beam work light XP-G XPG XR-E
- Stepper motors or a BLDC servo motors? Which is better and when to use them.
- Modifying Marlin Firmware to work with a TandemB
- Construction of a TandemB Prototype
- Working in Tandem – Unconventional XY-axis layouts for 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC milling, engraving or pick and place.
- Bootstrapping a pen plotter to make a 3d printer
- The ideal shape for a multirotor ‘ducted-fan’ that can dramatically improve thrust and flight time.
- Breaking through the 2 hour barrier – Maximising efficiency to achieve the longest flight time of an electric multirotor (quadcopter)
- One step conversion of an image to gcode for Makerbot Unicorn and Reprap style 3D Printers
- DIY Dual H-Bridge to control a Pen Plotter
- Old-school Scientific Pen Plotter Teardown
- Playing around with a heated chamber design.
- MIT: 3-D printing with variable densities
- Mike Biddle: We can recycle plastic
- Printable PCB motor?
- Cryogenic Granular Grinding
- Drawing gears in Sketchup.
- 2011 – The year of the 3D printer?
- IceRap – Water deposition for ice printing?
- Constructing the ‘gunstrap’
- Rethinking the Mantis Repstrap.
- How to use cad.py.
- Using cad.py on a Windows PC
- CNC milling with RAMPS.
- Making endstops from printer photo interrupters.
- Printer Parts + Time = Repstrap.
Category Archives: Self indulgent
Due to the constant barrage of assignments at uni I have had little time for Reprap related projects recently. So instead I would like to share my excitement after having my first undergrad laboratory session with an electron microscope. In case your unaware, an electron … Continue reading
In case you haven’t come across Khan Academy already I highly recommend you take a look. Its a fantastic resource for all things worth knowing in an easy to digest medium, youtube. I only just came across this today and cant wait to brush up my … Continue reading
I’m lucky enough to have in my possession a 40+ year old Japanese made microscope that belonged to my mother as a child. Although small, it works quite well and produces good images even though I imagine it was only ever intended … Continue reading
Well i’m back from a Holiday and now have the next 2 months of summer to kill until the new semester starts in early Feb. With so much time on my hands I should be able all started projects finished … Continue reading
All projects are hence forth put on hold while i’m off enjoying my self in Singapore. Back in 3 weeks.
Recently I took delivery of the parts needed to make the Sub$20 Bike light and a few other goodies. However being right in the middle of my exams I haven’t had as much time to play around as I would like. That said I … Continue reading